- Aerobic methane formation from methylphosphonate and other potential precursors (dimethyl sulphide, dissolved inorganic carbon and methylamine) in aquatic environments.
- Microbially driven nitrous oxide production and consumption processes in the water column of oxygen minimum zones.
- Potential for denitrification in Foraminifera.
- Stable isotope incubation experiments in the field and subsequent rate measurements.
- Quantification of biogeochemical parameters.
- Suite of molecular techniques.